Thursday, April 19, 2012

Very late letter in mail

We received a letter in the mail from Parker today dated 2-29-12. It took a LONG time to get here. Some of the news like first baptism is behind him but it is still good to read his messages no matter how late they are.To those that aren't members of the church, Companionship's are the set of 2 missionaries serving together in the area and the one month out he refers to is, a month out teaching after spending the first 10 weeks in the training center. From his message in his email today, he was about right with the language, he has gotten it down pretty good.

Querido Familia!

You're invited if you can make the trip to the baptism of Leandro today. He was a wretched man who cheated on his wife and we've been meeting with him for about a week and he doesn't show a desire to change. Then all of a sudden he decided to change his ways and forget his past and return to his family. Surprise Baptism Today! (he sent home the program for the baptism). This will be my first in the field and we have another one this Sunday and then the mother of the one on Sunday could be baptized the Sunday after. Hopefully. It took a lot of hard work but I guess if you work as hard as we did for the last 4 weeks there's no way you couldn't have baptisms.
I'm getting the language down and hopefully I'll be fluent in a month. It's crazy its already been a month! Before you know it I will have returned home and married Bret Mortimer within a month. Ha Ha!! Anyways, I just thought you'd like the invite.
Love you all, I want the Book of Mormon read 2 times as a family when I return. If I'm out here reading it in another language then you should be able to at least read it now.
So I have the feeling that once I'm finally situated here I'm going to baptize hundreds. Hope you like the little souvenirs, and no Mom I haven't seen the waterfalls. Everyone in your zone has to get a baptism in the same month, which is 7 companionship's and it is difficult. Rules of President Tavares though, so I haven't seen and I probably wont this transfer but maybe another time in the next year and 9 months. Everyday s a miracle here!!
Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment