Thursday, December 29, 2011

Letter to Lindsey and Jared

Lindsey and Jared,

I am having the best time of my life. There really is two types of missionaries. Cause Brazil's a one of a kind, that's for sure. The people here are crazy but are so humble and the best ever. They live in nothing but make the best of it. Letters take a week to get to you so I wrote this last Sunday cause CTM rules say you can only write on Sundays and P-days...my two favorite days. I totally love the Survivor recaps and yes Cokhran is a weiner, and I'm glad to see him go. Everything is going just dandy out here. I love the CTM but honestly this place breaks guys down real quick. It's a prison, there's barbell wire on the fence and right when you drive in thats what you see and then electronic giant fences and it really sets the tone. No games. Some guys just don't have the mental strenght to make it out here. Couple of guys have had there moments in my group and some guys just aren't who they were when they first arrived. I can say for myself it's making a change for the better. My testimony is growing for all people as I continue to strive to see people as Christ would. I still think Bambi's a little terd though.
This place is awesome though seriously, the Brazilian elders are the coolest people you'd ever meet. Even though I don't understand what they are saying and they I; we still have a great time. Some of their stories would absolutel blow your mind with the trials they've found in their lives. I'm a bit of a celebrity to them because they found out my first name is Parker so they all call me Spiderman now. We figured out how to say It's raining men in Prtuguese so everytime it's raining (which is everyday) me and my comp sing it to the lunch ladies. Some of them laugh and some look like they wanna kill us but we know they love it. Also tell every girl you've ever met my age to write me a letter and bathe it in perfume. Tons of ugly smelly guys out here all day and I swear those 6 ugly sisters I met the first day I got here keep looking better and better everyday.
Love you guys a ton! Tell Lily and baby K I said Hi, don't even tell Bambi I wrote.

Hallelula

Esta Chuvendo Homens!!

-Elder Bennett

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like he's doing great! Thanks, Lindsey, for doing the blog. I have marked it as a favorite and will try to write letters as well. Love, Laurie

    ReplyDelete