Saturday, December 17, 2011

Letter from our Elder

Well when I emailed Parker this week I wasn't quite sure if his P day was on Tuesday or Wednesday. So I got up early and emailed him on Tuesday morning. Right after I sent my message I checked my inbox to make sure that it was sent successful and found that just 20 minutes prior Parker had emailed me. His email was mainly exspression of confusion as to why he didn't have an email in his in box! He wasn't sure if we were getting his email's or not. At the end he said he is doing great though. I was literally sick to my stomach thinking that he was worried and may have needed a pick me up from his weekely news from home. Unfortunately he was not able to get my email so next week he will have two or more to read. It has been a long week, but we received a pleasant surprise yesterday, Friday to receive a letter in the mail. Here is what he wished to share with us, his testimony.

Hey Bennett Family!
I just wanted to share my testimony with you guys after the first week.
Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and was called to perform Gods will in this last dispensation. The Book of Mormon is the key stone of our church. The people of Brazil love it. It's what converts them all and changes there life. There's no way Joseph Smith could have wrote it out of no where with his education he had. I'm an educated person and I can tell you that you don't just pick a language up. I'm studying the Portuguese language 6 hours a day and I'll probably have it down in 3-4 months. Joseph Smith translated 531 pages of a foreign language in that time. No training what so ever. He is a Prophet of God. I am an Elder and I am called of God to be here. The spirit has blessed me immensely. Yesterday I held a conversation with a Brazilian and an Elder from Mozambique. (in Africa) After one week we laughed and hugged and were the best of friends. There are kids from everywhere, poor kids, very very poor kids from all over the world. All united in one thing, Bringing others to Christ. Most converts of only a year or two and instantly giving up everything they have, which is nothing , and come because they too know it's true. Everyone of them testifies of the Book of Mormon changing there lives, because it does. Read it as much as you can its worth more than anything in this world.
Love you all- Elder Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment