Friday, December 9, 2011

1st letter in the mail

Parker's first letter arrived today, what a sweet surprise! we weren't expecting it until next week. This was wrote the 2nd day he arrived in Brazil at the Mission Training Center.Dated December 1st, 2011

Dear Mom and Dad and family,

This is the best thing I've ever done. When I got on the plane in Fresno I began thinking to myself why wouldn't people serve a mission. Its such a cool experience. I'm in a foreign land, speaking a foreign language with foreign people. Everythings so foreign. What an adventure this is!
Brazilians are awesome. They're such a flamboyount and rowdy people. They love to laugh and joke around all day. There super energetic and they love Americans. The MTC is Muito Bom (very good). They take this giant nice looking building and slapped it right into the ghetto's of Sao Paulo. Literally, not one piece of building or sidewalk thats not tagged and there's homeless people everywhere. It's definitly a world away from America. I'm pretty sure this is their middle class also, and it makes downtown Fresno look pleasant.
My companions name is Elder Carrel, he's from Arizona. Great guy. We get along very well.
Adam's in the room next to me. We stayed up and talked for hours. Too bad he's leaving this Tuesday.
There not strict at all here. You can stay up however late you want. Mainly cause Brazilians don't sleep. There like little kids, never wanting to go to bed. They'll go to sleep at 1 and wake up at 5 and thats a good amount of sleep for them. They seriously are the coolest people ever. So happy all the time.
I'm having the time of my life but I know it's got hard work to come. I'm ready and willing.
Love you guys so much!
Love, Elder Bennett

I love this, can't wait to see what next week brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment