Monday, August 13, 2012

Can't die for a baptism!!


Mom, 
     ya thats the correct address to my house here. but its better to not send anything to me now cause i might get transferred within the next week. wait til my next email to send stuff. i got kotys missionties letter and his pictures he sent me. but the other i have no idea.
bryce pass is going to chicago thats so cooool!!! bryce is and will always be the man.
 thats nice to hear that taylor and tanner enter the same day at the mtc. its like a happy ending to such a good rich friendship.
  do me a favor and dont tell me how many days i have left on the mission. and plus im 8 months in going on my 9th. get it straight
   maxwell lubratich, whens that guy gonna serve a mission
   whats this!? i have an email from Elder alex katich and you never told me he got his call and hes in the brazil ctm right now. why didnt you ever tell me!? what mission is he at?
   i also used all my computer time to put music on this little memory card i have, im sorry dont have much time. thanks for everything mom, love the family and i hope that your all doing well.
 this week i had three teenagers from a family that want to get baptized but their  step dad didnt let them. its two sisters and a brother. they are super cool and they wanna be baptized really bad but this step dad, whose not even there father told them they cant. we taught them all week then when thursday came,  he came out to meet us at the sidewalk in front of there house and told us that we cant come back and they will never be baptized. so me and elder luchman stood our ground and told him we wouldnt leave and that they want to  be baptized this sunday. we were totally calm, this guy was yelling at the top of his lungs and making a scene in the neighborhood. then he started trying to talk doctrine with us, so naturally we burned him in front of everyone, using the bible. then i started to advance towards the house and he pushed me back and said that he doesnt want  to hit me but that he will if we stayed there. haha he reminded me of a small dog that gets backed into a corner. so i started moving towards it more and he just went crazy. thats when he went to far. He told us all about how he studied the bible for ten years in prison and that he was gonna shoot us if we dont leave. he was definitly drunk and im pretty sure he smokes crack, then he said he was going to put a bullet in me if we didnt leave. thats a little far for me so we left. he didnt like me at all. so he said hed put a bullet in me if i came back so we sent our district leader over there the next day and i guess he went crazy again. so we lost 3 baptisms this week because of their step dad. the worst part is that we had a training on how we need to be like captain moroni for out investigators so me and elder luchman were like lets GO!!!! lets just bust in there and steal the teens and baptize them on sunday! haha  but we also dont wanna die on our missions, its a mission rule, but  we would die for a baptism if we had to!!
                  - Elder Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment